Gorgeous Yamaha Revstar double cut electric guitar (secondhand) in deep Bowden Green finish. Retro 80's Japanese styling, this is an unusual and highly versatile guitar in excellent condition. Comes with gig bag.
The 502T was pretty much the original design that kick-started the Revstar range.
With the same shape as the 320, it swaps to all-mahogany construction (with a thin 5mm maple cap), adds belly and ribcage contours, a crisply bound top edge, a subtly deeper profile neck with bound dot-inlaid fingerboard, bigger frets and matching binding.
Most visually different, however, is the aluminium tailpiece, part of design theme that draws on a different part of Yamaha’s massive corporate output - the old-school cool of its Café Racer motorbikes. Placed behind a satin nickel tune-o-matic bridge, the tailpiece is height adjustable, and even works as a pretty stiff pitch-rising vibrato.
The 502T uses Yamaha-designed soapbar P-90 single coils with a medium-hot output, and like all the models, have a simple three-way selector switch, master volume and tone.
Pull up the tone control, however, and you voice that Dry Switch - basically a passive high-pass filter that thins out the sound a little. It adds surprising versatility to the biting-hot single-coil sound of the soapbars and easily kicks out a classic, punkier rock tonality or just-as-cool, old-school jazzy, bluesy soulful pop tones.
Yamaha Revstar 502T Bowden Green Electric Guitar (secondhand)
- Professional-grade, double cut guitar, stylistically inspired by classic 1960s Cafe Racer Motorcycles
- Solid Mahogany body with Maple top
- Two custom-wound P-90 pickups, with silver baseplates, offer a rich and focused tone
- Push/Pull "Dry" switch situated in Tone control pot - activate for even more tonal options from pickups
- Tune-O-Matic Bridge, with Original Aluminium tailpiece offers stylish looks, with superior tuning stability and intonation
- Vintage cream binding on body and neck
- Includes padded gig bag